< Back to article list
How to remove Cloud Car landing gear
I recently picked up a couple of Cloud Cars in a collection I bought. One was in way better shape than the other but had a damaged landing gear. The worse shape one had perfect landing gear. So I made a swap - and made a quick video on how to to do it!
In a nutshell here's what you do:
- Get about an 8 inch length of 12 gauge wire, solid core.
- Extend the landing gear to be removed.
- From the top, locate the channel that the landing gear slides along. (shaped kind of like a 7)
- Slide the wire down the part of the channel that goes to the side.
- When it gets to the end (usually hear a click), reach under and pull the landing gear out.
I hope you find this tip useful! And if you want to know what your vintage Star Wars Cloud Car is worth, click here!